Windows 10 May 2020 Update will reach PCs later in the month. You will get the latest build right this minute if you enter the Insider beta program now.
Windows 10 version 1903 was released in 2019 with major changes and new features, but last year it released another feature update ‘November 2019 Update’ with only bug fixes and minor tweaks.
The May 2020 Update somewhere between — it doesn’t come with revolutionary features, but there are some substantial improvements as well as fixes. You’ll definitely find changes to Cortana, Search, a new reset this Desktop interface and more with this update.
What does the Windows 10 May 2020 Upgrade release date look like?
Microsoft might release Windows 10 May 2020 Update on May 28, 2020 according to sources.
At this point the date is not definite and can also be announced a week before the update. Microsoft would avoid any further sliding of the date and that’s possible if there are no new critical issues.
You should expect the update to start rolling out globally in June, but you can still get updates to the Insider System now. For those involved, go to Configuration > Upgrade & Security > Windows Insider Program to get into the beta testing community.
Will Update-optimized drivers be available for download in May 2020?
Command Center intel images No. The latest drivers with Intel, AMD and other manufacturers supporting Windows 10 May 2020 Upgrade are not yet available.
Older drivers will work perfectly for several setups with next iteration of the OS.
What new features will be included in the update?
If you are using the help, you can find a new Cortana experience in May 2020 Update. The digital assistant should function much like a normal program that you can pass across the screen, so you will type questions so insert voice commands.
This is a quick list of new features in the update:
- Cortana is now a standard on Windows, and you can move it around the screen. The app is getting new features through Microsoft Store updates. Cortana also supports news, memes, temperature, appointments, to-dos, wireless computer hardware segment, and more.
- Windows Quest is faster and cleverer now. Microsoft says that Windows App will now recommend the words associated with the search queries better.
- The update contains more kaomoji and other unique characters.
- Windows Ubuntu Subsystem: The Ubuntu directories can now be viewed directly from the File Explorer.
DirectX 12 features: Improved multi-monitor support, tier 1.1, grid shader, DirectX Raytracing.
- Added support for Windows Hello PIN into Windows Protected mode.
- Enhancements to Xbox Game Row.
- Enhancements of the Mobile App.
- Bluetooth pairing experience has strengthened thanks to the enhanced functionality of Fast Pair.
- Renaming a Mobile Desktop.
- A new, 2-in-1 convertible Desktop tablet experience.
Your Computer can now be restored from the cloud. Essentially, whether you don’t have a backup drive or disk, Windows will now import a new copy of the OS straight from Microsoft Server and update it.
- Task Manager has been updated to include information concerning the disk and GPU.
- Additional apps tab in Revised settings. Paint, WordPad and even Notepad can be uninstalled now.
- Tools to pace mouse cursor added to the Settings app.
- A new Network Status tab appears in Settings.
There are some other changes to this update including new Distribution Software throttling download options.
Windows 10 update 2004 also comes with a change to Windows Search and when indexing the files, that would no doubt affect heavy disk consumption. This could lead to significant performance change for devices with HDDs.
Because Windows Search will detect peak use periods to stop indexing while you’re expected to use your Mac, computers with SSDs can even get marginally quicker at peak disk use.
What are the known difficulties?
Microsoft says it is conscious that the function upgrade has at least three documented problems. Firstly, if you install the upgrade, Windows Mixed Reality will not work properly.
The organization has admitted another problem where the DISM (Deployment Picture Service and Management) tool does not disclose the appropriate repair status for corruption on networks.
The third problem affects apps that manage the IME (Input Process Editor) mode using ImeMode properties.
Microsoft expects combined updates in May and June to address these problems.
Want to update May 2020 Patch instantly?
No longer are upgrades to Windows 10 apps required. You will have control over when the computer should be downloaded, installed and rebooted.
If you don’t want to install the update just don’t touch the button ‘download and install now.’
Microsoft’s support for older versions of Windows 10 will continue. Microsoft has also postponed Windows 10 version 1809 (also known as the October 2018 update) support ending.
Go to Configuration > Program > About to see which version of Windows 10 you have installed. Support for Windows 10 version 1903 expires in December 2020 and if you have version 1909 you have to upgrade until May 2021.